This position is for 1 year and might extend if further funding is secured.
Hours: Starting with 15 hours a week but might increase to 20 hours dependant
of work required on a self-employed basis. Any overtime beyond the working
hours will be given in Toil. The post holder will be responsible paying their
national insurance and tax. WSS will not take any liability for this. The post
holder will have to register with HMRC, and complete yearly self-Assessments
Pay: £13.50 per hour.
Reporting to: Work Stress Solution’s manager
- To work to uphold the values and mission statements outlined in the
Work Stress Solutions constitution and to liaise and work collaboratively
with all members of the Work Stress Solutions Team to deliver its vision
and ensure policies are followed.
- Work Stress Solutions is committed to valuing and promoting equality
and diversity in all aspects of its work, training, and environment. The
post holder will be expected to promote the charity’s beliefs and
participate in developing a culture that values and respects the
differences of all its clients and professionals.
- To undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the
post outside the working hours.
- To contribute to a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to
health and safety regulations and WSS’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the delivery and development of Work Stress Solutions courses
and to create a productive and supportive environment for clients
assisting them to achieve their goals.
- Under the supervision of the manager, the Client and Volunteer
Coordinator will support all WSS new and existing clients from initial
stage till they end their programme with WSS, manage the WSS Voluntary
work Experience group, support the manager in delivering the new Buddy
project and assist in applying for funding. The coordinator will be
responsible for marketing and liaising with partnership organisations in
the statutory and voluntary sectors to maximise promotion of Work
Stress Solutions and the client base.
- To be aware of and adhere to Health & Safety legislation ensuring that
clients are aware of their responsibilities.
- To be aware of service user confidentiality and the Data Protection
- To work as part of a multi-skilled team in providing a professional
service to clients.
- To understand the needs of vulnerable individuals and to contribute to
identifying those needs.
- To support a client in their journey from initial registration till they
reach their potential as per WSS’s mission. If it cannot solely be done
by WSS to work with other partners to make this happen.
- Provide encouragement and support to clients via phone or face to
- To deliver computer learning platform (Learn My Way) and Make
Technology Work for You digital group.
- To provide employment mentoring and support – assistance with job
- To support and mentor Volunteers and clients on Work Experience.
- To organise courses for clients to attend and evaluate outcomes to
ensure client’s needs are met.
- To maximise promotion of WSS and their client base.
- To communicate with clients regarding WSS opportunities/events.
- To register clients for relevant courses and provide support,
monitoring, and follow-up. In liaison with colleagues to ensure course
booklets and materials are printed and available.
- To ensure that relevant monitoring forms and documentation are
completed for grants given and to collect data to assist with research
- To ensure the WSS client database is kept updated every working
and information is sorted and filtered producing and collecting data as
- To ensure that website and telephone enquiries are responded to
efficiently and expediently.
- To undertake administration duties including typing, preparation of
reports and production of course materials and to delegate these
where appropriate to volunteers.
- To ensure that information, forms, documents, equipment, and
stationery is appropriately stored and filed.
- To assist with the delivery and development of WSS courses.
- Timely promotion of WSS and its activities via leaflets, social media,
networking, and website management and other marketing
- To create a monthly newsletter with the support from the VWE
group and send it to clients and partners on WSS database.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, board meetings as required and write
- Help WSS find ways to fundraise to increase unrestricted funds and
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time within the
scope and responsibility of the post. This job description is not an
exhaustive list of duties, but a general guide to the post.
- Experience in working in a charity sector or with people who are
vulnerable and helping them reach their potential in life and work.
- Experience in managing clients and volunteers.
- Be able to work to all the policies, procedures, and standards of the
service delivered by WSS.
- Working in an office environment on own and with others.
- Be able to work without direct supervision and able to develop own skills
using feedback from supervision
- · Maintaining and improving management systems, including Salesforce or
- Some experience in accounting.
- Have an extensive working knowledge of Health and Safety and
safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Experience in business management
- Proficient in using Microsoft products including Word, Outlook,
Excel, Access database.
- Proficient in using social media platform and knowledge in updating
A level- grades A-C- Math, English or any health and social care subject
L2 or higher in business management-desirable
L4 or higher in health or social care, psychology, or other relevant health
sector qualification and experience
For further information and application form, please contact the manager on 07759 303225.